When you leave your pets in the care of a PSI pet
sitter, you can travel with peace of mind. To make sure your pet sitter
has all the necessities to take the best care of your pet, below is a
brief overview of the items you need before leaving home. When you
complete our Intake Form and Service Request during our initial
interview, we will supply an expanded version of the following list.
1. Notify your veterinarian, in writing, that a pet sitter will be caring for your pet.
2. Provide written verification that your pet is up-to-date on its shots.
3. Keep all supplies in one general and visible area.
4. Be sure to tell your pet sitter about any unusual habits that your pet exhibits.
5. Tell the pet sitter if there are any areas in your house that are off limits to your pet and/or sitter.
6, If your pet is prone to chew, please leave "chew toys" and take proper precautions to guard your personal items and home furnishings from his teeth while you are away.
7. For the comfort of your pet, adjust your thermostat before leaving.
8. Make sure cupboards and storage areas (garage) are secured.
9. Make sure that the toilet lids are down in any "pet accessible" bathrooms.
10. Make sure that all medications are locked up.
11. Remove candy and nuts from coffee tables or locations where your pet can reach.
12. Make sure that all hobby supplies have been put away and are secured.
13. Make sure your pet sitter is aware of anyone who may be on your premises during your absence.
14. Use timers on interior lights to turn on at dusk and off at bedtime.
15. Make sure doors and windows are securely locked before leaving.
16. If applicable, advise your gate security that a pet sitter will be visiting your home and authorize entry.
17. Inform your neighbors of your absence and use of a pet sitter.
18. Make sure any fences are secure, gates locked, and there is no possible way your pet can tunnel out, or squeeze through those enclosed areas.